Welcome to the Ohio Chapter of the Palatines to America
Become a Member of the Ohio Chapter of Palatines to America to:
- Learn from experienced researchers at our free workshops.
- Participate in the German Community Forum Series
- Attend German research seminars in the Spring and Fall
- Read our quarterly newsletter - Palatine Heritage
- Buy Ohio Chapter German genealogy publications.
- Access our Members Only Section to:
- Enter Your Immigrant Ancestors
- Use our maps and research tools
- Add your query coming soon.
We research ALL German speaking Ancestry.
The Ohio Chapter of Palatines To America (PAL-AM) is a regional German-American genealogical organization. It is part of The Palatines To America, a national genealogical society of persons researching German-speaking ancestry, with emphasis on European migration from the Germanic regions of Europe to North America (primarily the United States and Canada).
The Palatines To America German Genealogical Society was founded in 1975 with headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. National Library Collection is now housed in the Columbus Metropolitan Library on 96 S Grant Ave. in Columbus, Ohio 43215. To contact the Ohio Chapter write to PO Box 302, Worthington, OH 43085.
Ohio Chapter Officers & Committee Members CLICK HERE.
Read the history of the Ohio PALAM chapter CLICK HERE (PDF format).
NEW Register Your German Speaking Immigrant Ancestors Online in our Members Only Section for inclusion on our immigrant ancestor index available to the public and in our secure Ancestor Registry page available for members only.
- To further interest and study of German speaking immigration in Ohio.
- Encourage members to further research family histories in Ohio
- Promote information about life, times, and social life of German speaking emigrants and descendents.
The Palatines of America collection is housed at the Columbus Metropolitan Library